Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm now officially 31

Turning 31 was infinitley easier then turning 30. When I turned 30 I thought I had lost my youth, I was no longer in my 20s, I had crossed over into the realm of another decade. It actually stressed me out a little. Looking back, it was more psychologiacal then anything else. It just required wrapping my head around it as a concept. I was looking at it as a huge jump, from 20 to 30 (a ten year span) and measuring it in my mind as such. In reality, it was just one year, same as any birthday. This year was easier, but now that I think about it, they are really the same, but change depending on how we look at it. Much of life is that way. Our perspective and choices on how we see things (and yes we do have a choice!) is completely up to us and more often then not we create the stresses we are feeling in our lives.

Wow...deep thoughts...and it's not even noon yet.

On another note it snowed all day yesterday, and we have about 2 inches of fresh powder all over. This is what I was looking at last week.


I was in a beautiful place - sun, sand and surf. Now I am at home in the cold but my family is here.

If someone offered me a free trip back their right now I would choose to stay in the cold. Cause my family's here that's why, and a week away from them is long enough for me!

No comments: