Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I like to listen.

I really like to listen. And I don't just mean to words. I listen to words, sure, but also to body language, to my surroundings, to nature...

There is so much in this world that we can open ourselves up to, if we pause, and listen to the pulse of the world....

I think it can remind you of your place in the world, and might give you insight to your purpose. I know I've felt it.

Sometimes life can get away from you. It starts to move too fast, with all the things we "have" to do we forget. We forget to pause. We forget to take stock. We forget to listen.

So take a moment. Breathe deep. And listen to your world.


Oh, and last night I was out with a couple of friends and we talked about listening for a bit and how if you listen to someone long enough, their true self can be revealed. When this happens it can change how you see a person.

I was lucky enough to experience that yesterday, twice in fact. I saw a deeper side of this person, and I found myself admiring them a little more then I had before. I always enjoy these little moments of discovery.

Like I said, I like to listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure this is one of the reasons you are such a fabulous photographer. Capturing the essence of someone's character on camera seems to me something that can only be done by someone who cares about what s/he is looking at.

I'm sure there's a much more poetic way to say that.