Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In Cleveland to See Mike Colon

Amanda and I have just arrived in Cleveland fresh from our 3 1/2 hour drive from Fonthill, Ontario Canada. Why are we here you ask? We are increasing our education at a seminar. One of the key reasons we are here though is photographer Mike Colon. As we have been researching other photographers out there, he is one of our favourites. And in reading about him in articles and on his blog we have consistantly been impressed with his giving nature, with helping other photographers and sharing in sucesses. I remember reading an article where Mike was mentioning how great it is with photographers these days, who are sharing secrets, techniques, stories and more. When I read this I thought "how exciting!"

When Amanda and I started out we were hesitant about booking weddings. We didn't know what to expect and we weren't sure that we wanted to go down the wedding road. Now, after we have shot a bunch of weddings, and from reading and learning from the greats (Mike Colon, Gary Fong, David Jay, David Beckstead) we love it! The excitment, the energy, everything that makes the wedding day.

Well, room service just came with our lunch. Must eat and then head out to the seminar.

Here is a shot of Amanda checking out Mike's Blog in our hotel room. I think she is just as excited as I am!

No comments: