Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Ava!!

As you can see below Ava is an absolute darling and we were so honoured when her parents asked us to do their portraits. I've been friends with Ava's mommy Sabrina for several years now, since her and Rocco were newlyweds. Sabrina came to see us when she was pregnant with Ava, to surprise Rocco with maternity portraits. It was wonderful to spend time with them as a family and get to know little Ava. It's hard to believe she turned one this weekend.

I love Ava's slideshow because it shows how natural portraits should look and feel. We want our clients to be comfortable and have the images reflect who they are. With babies in particular it's so important to have fun with them and work with them in their familiar environment. We've all seen posed baby portraits where the baby is crying or startled by the flashes going off. We like to get right down on the floor, use natural lighting and let the baby just be herself. After spending time with Ava I can tell we really captured her beauty and her parents' love for her.


Sabrina is a dancer and we loved her suggestion of "Tiny Dancer" for Ava's slideshow song. It means a lot to us that they're thrilled with the images. I hope as Ava grows they'll look back on the images and remember how they felt as they celebrated her first birthday. I know I will.


Happy Birthday Ava!
Amanda
xoxo

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Amanda
Thank you so much for writing such beautiful things and for wishing Ava a Happy Birthday.....it really means a lot to me especially when I'm feeling down like today, it reminds me how thoughtful genuine words can make it all better !!
Thanks again for an amazing job and for being a wonderful friend.
Sabrina